LANSLEBOURG – April 30th during the afternoon the ex Route Nationale n.5, today n. D1006, linking Susa Valley to Maurienne valley through the Moncenisio hill, has been reopened by the workers and roadmen of Savoia’s department. Cars and motocycles can drive in advance through the spectacular road coasting the Moncenisio lake to 2083 metres. The little rainfalls of the past winter have facilitated the work of snowplows of Savoia’s department (73) to reopen all the great peaks, if new snowfalls will permit it.
The state route are not race circuits: keep attention and drive safely!
Possible high peaks road in Savoia’s Department re-opening days
- Col de l’Iseran (Tarentaise) : June’s second friday
- Col du Galibier (Maurienne) : Last Friday of May.
- Col de la Croix de Fer(Maurienne) : Half of May. The works are already started in Isere part.
- Col de la Madeleine (through Maurienne and Tarentaise) : May 17 . Work are in progress.
- Cormet de Roselend(Tarentaise) : May 17. Work are in progress.
- Col du Glandon (Maurienne) : Last Friday of May.
In Tarentaise, in Piccolo San Bernardo’s hill, works are already begun for the traditional meeting with italian roadmen on May 23rd in the morning. The work of snowplows will began next week.